Future opportunity - technical architect consultant
Apply for future opportunities
Are you looking for work that makes a difference? Do you want to work with people who learn and grow together?
If you’re looking to move roles in the future, we’re interested in hearing from talented people like you. Submit an application to be considered for future opportunities at Opencast.
Our Talent Engagement team will review your application and will be in touch to let you know how we would like to proceed.
Using your experience of software architecture standards, patterns, and approaches, you'll design and build detailed technical architecture to meet our client’s business outcomes.
You’ll confidently explain the complete architecture design and rationale for your decisions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
You’ll represent your solutions through architecture governance and take responsibility for the assurance of the service, including any architecture debt and risks that need managing.
We’ll want you to demonstrate experience of technical architecture. You don’t need to have had the job title of technical architect before.
In your CV and interview, please show how you have:
· developed and implemented technical designs for modern enterprise-scale applications utilising effective patterns and technologies, which aligned with business outcomes and stakeholder needs.
· Identified and negotiated system qualities (non-functional requirements), and design services with appropriate operational characteristics such as performance, scalability, reliability, and maintainability.
· built strong relationships with business and technical stakeholders to provide technical direction and build consensus for your technical designs.
· an excellent working knowledge of Agile software development, modelling languages and methodologies.
As well as technical architecture skills, there are essential core skills you’ll need to be a great consultant.
In the interview, please show how you:
· take a methodical and considered approach to solving problems.
· take a collaborative and consultative approach to leading and guiding teams.
· keep up to date with new and emerging technology trends and their practical application.
· coach and mentor team members.
In the interview, we’ll ask you to describe how you approach architecture, deliver business outcomes, and engage stakeholders.
Some areas of experience are not essential but relevant to the role:
Experienced with Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, Open Agile Architecture)
If you have any of this experience, please show it on your CV and we can talk about it in the interview.
If you don’t have this experience please do still apply, as we can coach you in these areas if you join us.
What our offer includes
Competitive pension, health cash plan, share options and discretionary bonus.
Flexible hours and 25 days' holiday. Generous training budget.
People to support you every step of the way.
Where you’ll work
Our hybrid model means you could work from our HQ, a city hub, client site or home.
We include you
We won’t discriminate on age, disability, ethnicity, family status, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We’ll consider applicants from overseas.
Job interviews are on Microsoft Teams. We’ll make any adjustments to help you.
Want to know more?
Visit our website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.