Future Opportunity - Solutions Architect Senior Consultant
Apply for future opportunities
Are you looking for work that makes a difference? Do you want to work with people who learn and grow together?
If you’re looking to move roles in the future, we’re interested in hearing from talented people like you. Submit an application to be considered for future opportunities at Opencast.
Our Talent Engagement team will review your application and will be in touch to let you know how we would like to proceed.
You’ll take end-to-end ownership of solutions for our clients, and align them to business outcomes, technology strategy, commercial/financial constraints, and architecture governance.
You’ll create solutions blueprints with views that express business, data, application, and technology, to address stakeholder needs.
You’ll effectively communicate the solution through governance boards, stakeholder groups, and delivery teams to bring the solution to life and assure effective delivery.
We’ll want you to demonstrate experience of solutions architecture. You don’t need to have had the job title of solutions architect before.
In your CV and interview, please show you have:
• built strong relationships with senior stakeholders to understand their views.
• a strong foundation in software development, design, and delivery roles.
• enabled and assured a delivery team’s implementation of your solutions architectures effectively.
• worked with development life-cycle methodologies such as Agile software development, Scrum, and DevOps.
• a good working knowledge of architecture frameworks and modelling languages.
As well as solution architecture skills, there are essential core skills you’ll need to be a great consultant.
In the interview, please show how you:
• demonstrate the significant, tangible business benefits of the proposals you initiate for clients
• take a methodical and considered approach to solving problems
• take a collaborative and consultative approach to leading and guiding teams
• keep up to date with new and emerging technology trends and their practical application
In the interview, we’ll ask you to describe how you approach architecture, deliver business outcomes, and engage stakeholders. If you’re successful in the first interview, we’ll ask you back to present a proposal from a case study and problem statement.
Some areas of experience are not essential but relevant to the role:
• Experience with Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, Open Agile Architecture)
If you have this experience, please show it on your CV and we can talk about it in the interview.
If you don’t have this experience please do still apply, as we can coach you in these areas if you join us.
Senior consultant salary range: £70,000-£85,000
What our offer includes
A competitive pension, health cash plan, share options and discretionary bonus.
Flexible hours and 25 days' holiday. Generous training budget.
People to support you every step of the way.
Where you’ll work
Your working time at Opencast will be split between multiple locations, including from our HQ and hub locations, client site or home. Travel is part of life at Opencast, and takes in account requirements of your work, our clients and your team.
We include you
We welcome candidates from all identities, attributes, ways of thinking and backgrounds to thrive in a career at Opencast. Our aim is for the diversity of our people to be reflected in the solutions we deliver, to help create a fairer society for all.
Job interviews are on Microsoft Teams. We’ll make any adjustments to help you.
Want to know more?
Visit our website or email email@example.com.
We are not working with recruitment agencies on this vacancy. If you are interested in this position, please apply directly with Opencast.