Director of IT and information security
Ready for a new challenge?
Are you looking for work that makes a difference? Do you want to work with people who learn and grow together?
If so, Opencast could be the place for you. We’re a growing tech consultancy that creates user-centred solutions with purpose for our clients in government and business.
As the Director of IT and Information Security at Opencast, you will be a key leader responsible for overseeing the strategic direction, management, and implementation of IT systems and information security measures. Your role will involve shaping the company's technology landscape, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of sensitive data, and driving innovation to enhance the digital experiences of our people. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to develop and execute robust IT and security strategies that align with business objectives. You’ll help us become a data-driven organisation, leveraging our investments in core systems, and enabling operational excellence and efficiency.
• Proven track record of leadership in IT and information security, with relevant experience in relevant roles.
• Strong experience in designing, implementing, and managing complex IT infrastructure, systems, and solutions.
• Demonstrated success in developing and implementing information security management systems, policies, and procedures to safeguard against cyber threats and ensure regulatory compliance.
You'll need a good understanding of:
• Business applications and ERP solutions, network architecture, cloud technologies, and infrastructure management to drive scalable and resilient IT solutions.
• Cybersecurity frameworks, risk assessment and management methodologies, and threat detection/prevention strategies.
• Compliance requirements such as ISO27001, GDPR, HIPAA, or industry-specific regulations, and experience in leading implementation and compliance with such frameworks.
Other essential skills:
• Exceptional leadership and team management skills to motivate and guide a diverse IT and security team.
• Strong communication abilities to liaise with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, conveying complex concepts clearly.
• Strategic thinking and problem-solving acumen to anticipate challenges and devise innovative solutions.
• Experience in managing vendor relationships and third-party partnerships for technology-related services.
• Continuous improvement mindset with the ability to lead multiple initiatives concurrently and deliver results on time and within budget.
Other helpful experience:
• Previous involvement in technology consultancy or advisory services, providing insights and solutions to clients.
• Background in conducting IT audits, vulnerability assessments, and incident response management and planning.
• Gaining and maintaining accreditations in relevant IT and Security frameworks (e.g. ITIL, ISO27001, Cyber Essentials)
Salary range: £83,000 - £100,000
What our offer includes
A competitive pension, health cash plan, share options and discretionary bonus.
Flexible hours and 25 days' holiday. Generous training budget.
People to support you every step of the way.
Where you’ll work
Our hybrid model means you could work from our HQ, a city hub, a client site or home.
We include you
We won’t discriminate on age, disability, ethnicity, family status, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We’ll consider applicants from overseas.
Job interviews are on Microsoft Teams. We’ll make any adjustments to help you.
Want to know more?
Visit our website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.