DevOps - senior consultant
Ready for a new challenge?
Are you looking for work that makes a difference? Do you want to work with people who learn and grow together?
If so, Opencast could be the place for you. We’re a growing tech consultancy that creates user-centred solutions with purpose for our clients in government and business.
You’ll lead on responding to outages, triaging issues, balancing stakeholder priorities/concerns, and keeping open communication channels.
You’ll be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing continuous deployment solutions that help our clients to deliver software faster and more efficiently.
You’ll be keen to understand our clients’ ways of working and will have an enthusiasm to learn new tools and technologies as needed.
We want you to have demonstrable experience in DevOps practices and appreciate that Cloud & Platform Engineering are big topics. Ultimately, we’re looking for talented engineers who can learn modern technologies in the digital space.
In the interview, please show your experience in:
· Designing, building, and testing software release processes that cover the entire SDLC.
· Creating, modifying, and maintaining complex CI/CD pipelines.
· Creating dashboards and visualisations for application performance that proactively identify and address potential problems before they occur.
· Using automated testing to detect security issues/vulnerabilities in application and/or infrastructure code, thereby detecting issues before it reaches production (aka Shift-Left).
· Strong experience in operating and maintaining services primarily in any of the BIG three public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, and GCP).
Some other areas of experience that are not essential but still relevant to the role:
· Identifying problems using RCA or 5-Whys methods and suggesting solutions to reduce the likelihood of incidents reoccurring.
· A strong understanding of cloud networking and security concepts.
· Understanding the principles of containerisation, and how to control and orchestrate groups of containers in production environments.
· Writing clean, organised, structured and version-controlled code.
· Knowledge of at least one scripting language that enables you to perform more complex automation tasks thereby reducing manual toil.
· Preference for using CLI tools over relying on web portals.
· Understanding SRE (live services) ways of working, that enables you to better increase reliability and availability of the service you support.
· Auditing your service for FinOps and SecOps related compliance issues.
Must be eligible for UK Security Clearance.
If you don’t have all this experience please do still apply, as we can coach you in these areas if you join us.
Senior consultant salary range: £61,000 - £85,000
What our offer includes
A competitive pension, health cash plan, share options and discretionary bonus.
Flexible hours and 25 days' holiday. Generous training budget.
People to support you every step of the way.
Where you’ll work
Our hybrid model means you could work from our HQ, a city hub, a client site or home.
We include you
We won’t discriminate on age, disability, ethnicity, family status, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We’ll consider applicants from overseas.
Job interviews are on Microsoft Teams. We’ll make any adjustments to help you.
Want to know more?
Visit our website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.